EDT TORQUE ANCHOR
The Excalibre Downhole Tools Torque Anchor (EDT) is designed to anchor the Tubing String and Progressive Cavity Pump (PCP) within the wellbore. The EDT consists of a unique anchor design, which incorporates 3 Floating Slips and Mount Blocks that guarantee the Torque Anchor stays concentric within the wellbore casing. The EDT stops the right-hand rotation of the PC Pump, by providing “Superior Stabilization” of the PC Pump and eliminates tubing back-off.
- Centralizing the Torque Anchor in the casing, allows for increased production, by lifting the Slotted Tag Bar and Gas Separator Intakes off the casing ID and out of the sand
- The open By-Pass area and centralized design, allows for greater annular space, for gas migration up the annulus, rather than inside the PC Pump. It also, allows for sand and coiled tubing to pass the EDT
- The EDT having a main body the same OD as the Stator leaves no place for sand to build up on the Tool. Result, the tool can be removed easily from sanded in wells
- The 3-Slip design adds more insurance against rotation and stabilization of the PCP.
- Solid Drive Pin and Floating Slip design for simple setting and straight pull-up release procedures
- Inconel springs for H2S and CO2 resistance
- Rebuild procedure can be performed in the field.
- The (EDT) is threaded onto the tubing string above or below the PC Pump.
- Run the tubing to the desired setting depth and land the tubing hanger. DO NOT tighten the lock screws.
- Pick up the tubing string so it is just off the hanger seat and apply right hand torque to the tubing to set the anchor.
- Set the tubing hanger back down and lock the hanger into place.
The EDT is released by straight pull-up from the wellbore.
Download PDF 291 kb (ALPRO EDT Brochure.pdf)