The Torque Stopper (TX) is designed to anchor the Tubing String and Progressing Cavity Pump (PCP) within the wellbore. The Torque Stopper consists of a unique anchor design, which incorporates a blade style slip that engages the casing wall and stops the right-hand rotation of the PC Pump, preventing tubing back-off.
- Simple operation
- The open By-Pass area allows for sand and coiled tubing to pass the tool.
- Carbide edge on the blade ensures casing engagement
- Inconel springs for H2S and CO2 resistance
- Rebuilding procedure can be performed in the field.
- The Torque Stopper is threaded onto the tubing string above or below the PC Pump.
- Run the tubing to the desired setting depth and land the tubing hanger. DO NOT tighten the lock screws.
- Pick up the tubing string so it is just off the hanger seat and apply right hand torque to the tubing to set the anchor.
- Set the tubing hanger back down and lock the hanger into place.
- To release the Torque Stopper, rotate left ¼ to ½ turn, pull up on the tubing.
Download PDF 299 KB (DOC-018014 Rev 1 ALPRO Torque Stopper Brochure)